New 18 Society
In 1880, The Royal Military College of Canada graduated its first 18 gentlemen cadets; now known as The Old Eighteen. The purpose of the New Eighteen Society is to recognize the top 18 major financial contributions to the RMC Foundation each calendar year by individual donors (not classes, branches, corporations or other collective bodies). Since the purpose of the New 18 is to promote philanthropy, those who wish to remain anonymous will not be included, and the next ranking individual will be added. Only actual, current year donations will be taken into consideration.
Annual Giving Programs
The Benefactor Program includes all annual donations. The Benefactor Program has four levels of recognition as outlined below:
- Grand Benefactors: A donation of $10,000 or more.
- Benefactors: A donation of $5,000 or more.
- Friends: A donation of $2,000 or more.
- Sponsors: A donation of $1,000 or more.
Lifetime Giving Circles
Many of our donors give generously and on an ongoing basis over many years. The RMC Foundation recognizes such individuals, businesses, corporations, private foundations, etc via the following Lifetime Giving Circles:
- Board of Governors: A donation of $1,000,000 or more.
- Chancellors Circle: Lifetime donations from $100,000 to $1,000,000
- Commandants Circle: Lifetime donations from $50,000 to $99,999
- Principals Circle: Lifetime donations from $25,000 to $49,999
- Presidents Circle: Lifetime donations from $10,000 to $24,999
- Cadet Wing Circle: Lifetime donations from $5,000 to $9,999
- Leadership Circle: Lifetime donations from $1,000 to $4,999